A recent graduate from National University of Singapore with a degree in Political Science. Looking for career opportunities in content creation/marketing because I love writing and all things creative! Besides academic writings, I also experimented with other types of writings such as food and staycation reviews for my Blog, and news opinions as published in The Straits Times Forum. I also have an Instagram account that showcase cards that I made (@madebyW).
Being an independent and motivated learner, I am currently learning Marketing through online courses on Coursera and other resources available.
Make the world a better place through content I produce!
· Responsible for the “About Us” page which also include crafting of mission statement and company slogan. · Conceptualized and wrote emails for users and clients such as invitation to join email. · Researched and brainstormed for story ideas
· Current research topic: Hong Kong Identity and Agriculture disputes in WTO · Analyzed Hong Kong textbooks in Chinese, translated Chinese quotes containing identity markers into English. · Formatted and edited manuscripts meticulously · Analyzed large volume of journal articles to develop a new research area. · Researched topics: China’s One Belt One Road, Foreign Aid, and Emerging Powers. · Developed basic research skills: sourcing for information from relevant databases. · Involved in Emerging Powers project: http://empowers.nus.edu.sg/index.html
· Demonstrated ability to work under intense pressure in a fast-paced environment · Ability to organize and prioritize to meet tight deadlines · Assisted in live news production by sourcing for relevant videos, writing captions, researching for news content and rolling the teleprompter · Assisted in live interview
- Analyzed existing literature to develop new research areas to write an essay on. - Wrote review essays - analyzed and criticized scholars' work. - Learnt qualitative and quantitative research methods.
Introduction to Marketing
2018-2 - 2018-3
2018-3 - 2018-4
Marketing in a Digital World
2018-4 - 2018-5
Project 88 Oranges
- Distributed oranges to the residents living in rental flat to spread some festive cheer! - Interacted with the elderly to understand their living conditions.
2018-2 - 2018-2
- Organized by Youth Corps - Befriended children from disadvantaged families - Instilled the idea of Upcycling by teaching the children how to create drawstring bags from old shirt.
2018-4 - 2018-4
Participated in ITE ValidITE Debate Tournament 2012
2011-3 - 2012-7
Data Visualization NUS-IPSA 2017
2012 GCE ‘A’ Level Examination – Best in H2 Economics
Be Responsible for Security, Or It Will Be Taken Away
Ignore Pinch of Carbon Tax For Long Term Benefits
Be responsible for security, or it will be taken away from us