This page is intended for users in Japan(English). Go to the page for users in United States.
This document is an English translation of an original document in Japanese. If there is any discrepancy between this translation and the original document, the latter shall prevail legally.
1. Common Rules
2. Individual Rules
- 2.1. Wantedly Visit
- 2.2. Wantedly Admin
- 2.3. Wantedly People
1. Common Rules
Thank you for using Wantedly (the “Company”) products and services.
1.2. Additional Provisions:
The Services cover a diverse range of areas and functions, and thus may be subject to additional conditions of use (including the “Posting Policy”; hereinafter “Additional Provisions”). Additional Provisions are obtainable with the associated Services. When you use the Services subject to such provisions, the relevant Additional Provisions shall constitute part of your agreement with the Company.
1.4. Changes to and Termination of the Services:
The Company is entitled to change the content or specifications of the Services, and to terminate or temporarily suspend the Services, at any time and without prior notification to you.
1.5. Restrictions on Use of the Services:
If you are a minor, you must obtain advance consent from a legal representative before using the Services. In some cases, the Company may contact your legal representative to verify whether such consent was given.
Further, the Company refuses to allow use of the Services to members of anti-social forces (including persons who were members in the past) and to affiliates thereof, as well as to persons who misuse the Services or use the Services so as to be a nuisance or cause inconvenience to third parties.
In some cases, an account may be required for use of the Services. You may create an account yourself.
When creating an account, you are obligated (1) to register information that is true and accurate, and (2) to personally amend registered content, as appropriate, to ensure that such content is up-to-date.
For purposes of account protection, passwords should not be shared with others. You are personally liable for all acts performed via your account. The Company is entitled to deem any act performed via your account to be an act committed by you.
1.7. Handling of Customer Data and Content:
The Company is not obligated to perform backups of customer data. You should perform backups yourself as needed.
All rights to the content that you provide to the Services (including, without limitation, any documents, photographs, and portfolios; hereinafter the same) belong to you; provided, however, that the rights to any content created by the Company on your behalf belong to the Company.
You shall permit, in a non-exclusive manner, the Company and the Company’s business partners to use (this includes duplication, screening, public transmission, exhibition, distribution, transferring, loaning, translation, adaptation, and publication), at no charge and without restriction as to the geographical location, frequency or period of such use, any content uploaded with settings making such content accessible to many and unspecified customers, and you shall raise no objections to such use.
1.8. Prohibited Matters:
The following acts (including acts and preparatory acts for the inducement of the following acts) are prohibited when using the Services:
- Acts contrary to public order and morality;
- Acts which infringe on the rights of the Company or any third party;
- Harassment, denigration, net stalking, or encouragement of discrimination with regard to any other customer, and any other act that will be a nuisance or inconvenience to any other customer;
- Acts for the purpose of sales, promotion, advertisement, inducement, member recruitment, or any other activity for profit (excluding acts permitted by the Company), acts for the purpose of meeting or associating with any member of the opposite sex with whom the customer is not already personally acquainted, or any other act which utilizes the Services for purposes other than those originally intended;
- Acts which damage or impede the function of software, hardware, servers, or networks of the Company or any third parties;
- Acts which collect and/or disclose to a third party, without permission, the personal information, registered information, use history or the like of any other customer; or which use such information for any recruitment activities, headhunting, or other sales activities other than for the Services;
- Acts which utilize any other customer’s account to use the Services;
- Acts which transfer or lend your account to any third party, or disclose your account password to any third party;
- Acts which attempt to extract or reverse engineer the source codes of software included in the Services;
- Acts which use the Services to provide benefits directly or indirectly to anti-social forces; and
- Acts which use bots or other automated programs to manipulate the Services; or acts which prevent other customers from making independent and rational choices.
1.9. Responses to Violations etc.:
In the following cases, the Company shall be entitled to delete your data, content, or account, or to halt the provision of services to you, without prior notification. Further, in cases where you have registered multiple accounts, the same measures may be taken with regard to all such accounts.
- If you are delinquent in the payment of money to be paid to the Company, or if the use of a credit card or bank account designated as the means of payment of such money has been suspended;
- If you are the subject of a petition for bankruptcy, civil rehabilitation, corporate reorganization, special liquidation, or other insolvency proceedings, or the Company otherwise determines that your creditworthiness is unstable;
- If an account has been registered or utilized by an anti-social force or any of its constituent members or affiliates, or the Company determines that there is a likelihood of the same;
- If you have not used your account for one year or longer; and
- If the trust relationship with you has been compromised, or the Company determines that it will be difficult to continue the contractual relationship with you.
1.10. Compensation Paid to the Company:
If the Company suffers damage (including attorney fees and any other costs borne or damages paid) as a result of a claim or the like resulting from any act committed by you, you shall compensate the Company for such damage.
1.11. No Warranty:
The Company shall be exempted from liability regarding the Services in all cases not attributable to willful misconduct or negligence on the part of the Company. Further, the Company shall bear no liability other than a liability for damages, limited to direct compensation within normal limits for actual damage (excluding lost profits, or indirect, special or punitive damages) and, in the case of paid services, the maximum amount of damages shall be the relevant sale price (or, in the case of continuous services, an amount equivalent to the cost of six months’ service). In cases where the foregoing disclaimer is invalid under the Consumer Contract Act or other applicable laws or regulations, the Company shall receive the maximum exemption allowable under the applicable law/ regulation.
The Company does not accept liability for any trouble, transactions, or disputes etc. arising between you and any other customers, recruiters, candidates, or other third parties in connection with the use of the Services.
1.13. Use Fees:
You shall pay the prescribed use fees for any paid Services, by the deadline prescribed by the Company, using a method prescribed by the Company.
In cases where payment of a use fee is not received by the relevant deadline, the Company shall be entitled to demand delay damages calculated at 14.6% per annum for the period from the date immediately following the deadline until payment is completed.
The Company shall collect payments in accordance with laws and regulations, and is entitled to charge, in addition to use fees and in accordance with the tax rate or tax amount applicable at such point in time, any taxes that are to be paid to tax authorities (including, without limitation, consumption taxes).
The Company shall use the domicile that you submit at the time of the use application to make internal/external determinations of consumption tax, and in cases where an error in a submitted domicile results in problems in the collection of consumption tax, you shall be liable therefor.
1.14. Prohibition on Assignment:
You may not assign to third parties, without the Company’s consent, any rights or duties arising under agreements with the Company.
Any communication from you to the Company concerning the Services is to be carried out by transmission of an inquiry form posted at an appropriate location on a website operated by the Company, or by such other method as the Company may designate.
Communication from the Company to you concerning Services will be carried out by public posting to an appropriate location on a website operated by the Company, or by such other method as the Company deems appropriate.
You may use the Services after agreeing that the Company may send advertisements or promotions etc. concerning the Company or its business partners to the email address registered to you.
1.17. Confidentiality of Communications:
The Company will handle the content and history of communication with you in a manner that maintains the confidentiality of such communication. Please note that, in cases where the Company has obtained your consent or is required or permitted under laws and regulations, the Company may access, disclose to an investigating authority or other third party, or delete the content or history of communication with you.
1.18. Exclusion of Anti-Social Forces:
The Company and you represent to each other that neither they nor their representatives, officers, or other persons substantially involved in their management currently fall under an organized crime group, an organized crime group member, a quasi-member of an organized crime group, an enterprise associated with an organized crime group, a corporate racketeer (sokaiya), a social campaign advocate racketeer (shakai-undo-hyobo-goro), a political campaign racketeer (seiji-katsudo-hyobo-goro), an organized crime group with special intelligence, or a person having a close relationship with such entities or persons equivalent thereto, and affirm that they will not fall under any of the foregoing in the future.
1.19. Governing Law/Agreed Jurisdiction:
Contractual relations between the Company and you shall be governed by the laws of Japan. The Tokyo District Court shall be the exclusive agreed court of first instance for any dispute arising between the Company and you in connection with the Services.
2. Individual Rules
When the Services set forth below are used, the following provisions shall apply.
2.1. Wantedly Visit
2.1.1. Scope of Profile Access:
Profile information for which a scope of access cannot be selected under settings will be publicly visible.
2.1.2. Application for Pay Services:
When you wish to use Wantedly Premium, you must submit a use application in accordance with the use application procedures prescribed by the Company.
2.2 Wantedly Admin
2.2.1. Scope of Use:
Businesses may use Wantedly Admin.
2.2.2. Use Application for Wantedly Admin:
When you wish to use Wantedly Admin, you must submit a use application in accordance with the use application procedures prescribed by the Company.
2.2.3. Contract Screening:
When the Company receives your use application for Wantedly Admin, or receives your application for a paid plan, or when your period of use has exceeded a certain period, a customer contract screening will be conducted in accordance with the Company’s prescribed criteria. In conducting the contract screening, the Company is entitled to inquire about the details of your business or to request that you submit or present any necessary documentation.
In the event that you do not pass the contract screening, the Company may decline to sign a contract with you if one has not yet been signed, or may immediately terminate an active contract with you during the contract period.
Please note that the contract screening criteria may be changed in accordance with any amendments to laws or regulations, your use status, social conditions, or other factors. Further, the contract screening criteria are not made public. Please be aware that we are unable to respond to inquiries regarding the details or results of any screenings.
2.2.4. Publishing Job Listings and Feed Postings:
Wantedly Visit is a service for providing recruitment information etc. relating to hiring activities that are conducted prior to an official selection process, such as informal interviews, office tours, lunch meetings, seminars, study groups, company briefings, and job events. The posting of information about formal job interviews and any other solicitations not in line with the purpose of the service are prohibited.
You must create any job listings in accordance with Posting Policy as well as Content Quality Guideline. Further, you must create any feed postings in accordance with Posting Policy.
The Company may modify Posting Policy or Content Quality Guideline as needed in accordance with any amendments to laws or regulations, consultations with the relevant authorities, or other matters. In using the Services, you are required to continually familiarize yourself with and adhere to the latest versions.
2.2.5. Clear Indication of Work Conditions:
As a rule, by the time of your initial contact with a job candidate after such candidate has entered the official selection process (i.e., when commencing formal communication with the candidate by in-person interview, email, telephone or the like (excluding communication etc. with regard to the scheduling of interviews)), you shall clearly specify working conditions, including the content of the duties to be performed, the wages, and the work hours (“Content of Duties to be Performed etc.”), and shall comply with the items indicated below.
- The Content of Duties to be Performed etc., as clearly indicated, shall not be false or exaggerated.
- With respect to work hours, the times at which work is to begin and end, work in excess of prescribed work hours, break times, non-work days and the like shall be clearly indicated. Further, when flexible work hours are applicable, a clear indication shall be made to that effect.
- With respect to wages, the form of payment (classified into monthly pay, daily pay, hourly pay etc.), base pay, allowances paid at fixed amounts, commuting allowances, matters relating to pay raises, and other such matters shall be clearly indicated. Further, in cases where there are fixed overtime work allowances, the following shall be clearly indicated: the method of calculation (limited to circumstances in which fixed overtime work hours and amounts are clearly stated); the amount of base pay excluding fixed overtime work allowances; the fact that overtime work in excess of fixed overtime, work on non-work days, and late-night work are paid by adding extra wages; etc.
- When, for unavoidable reasons, the indication of some items from among the Content of Duties to be Performed etc. will be made separately, this fact shall be clearly indicated alongside the Content of Duties to be Performed etc.
- The standards, scope and the like of the Content of Duties to be Performed etc. shall be as definite as possible, to ensure that candidates have a detailed understanding of the relevant matters.
- The clear indication shall be made in as concrete and detailed a manner possible, including with regard to the work environment.
- In cases where it is possible that the Content of Duties to be Performed etc., as clearly indicated, will differ from the Content of Duties to be Performed etc. at the time of execution of the work agreement, this fact shall be clearly indicated alongside the Content of Duties to be Performed etc., and in cases where the Content of Duties to be Performed etc. will be different from the content that has already been clearly indicated, the candidate shall be informed promptly.
- When the Content of Duties to be Performed etc. during a probationary period will differ from the Content of Duties to be Performed etc. after such probationary period, both versions of the Content of Duties to be Performed etc. shall be indicated.
2.2.6. Automatic Renewal:
Continuing Wantedly Admin agreements, unless otherwise stipulated in an Additional Provision, will be renewed automatically upon expiration of the initial contract term. If you wish not to renew, you must carry out, in advance, agreement termination procedures (non-renewal procedures) prescribed by the Company. Please be advised that, in cases where an agreement has been renewed automatically as a result of failure to perform agreement termination procedures (non-renewal procedures), use fees for the renewal term will apply.
2.2.7. Restrictions on Early Termination:
Continuing Wantedly Admin agreements, unless otherwise stipulated in an Additional Provision, cannot be terminated in mid-term. Even in cases where, after commencement of an agreement, you have ceased use of Wantedly Admin, the use fee for the corresponding agreement term cannot be refunded, and the full amount of unpaid use fees (if any) must be paid; provided, however, that in cases where the Company terminates your Wantedly Admin agreement as a result of a contract screening performed after you began use of this service, the use fee will be refunded in accordance with the number of months remaining in your contract.
Please note that if, in breach of the foregoing, you request a refund of use fees or refuse to pay unpaid use fees, the Company, without prior notification, may delete your data, content, or accounts, or may decline to allow your use of Wantedly Admin in the future.
2.2.8. Use by Employees etc.:
If the Company suffers damage (including attorney fees and any other costs borne or damages paid) as a result of a claim of the like resulting from any act committed by one of your Employees etc., you shall compensate the Company for such damage.
In cases where you will link an account belonging to any of your Employees etc. to your company website, you shall engage in such conduct only after obtaining the consent of the relevant Employee etc., and shall show due consideration for the confidentiality and privacy of communication.
2.2.9. Use on Behalf of Third Parties, Consignment:
In cases where you will use or operate Wantedly Admin on behalf of a third party (“Beneficiary”) (including, without limitation, cases where you will use or operate Wantedly Admin on behalf of one of your subsidiaries or other group companies; hereinafter the same) or will entrust the use or operation of Wantedly Admin to a third party (“Consignee”), you must obtain the Company’s prior consent. The Company has complete discretion concerning whether to approve such requests.
If you use Wantedly Admin on behalf of a Beneficiary or entrust the use of Wantedly Admin to a Consignee without obtaining the Company’s consent, you shall pay a penalty to the Company equivalent to the use fee that would arise assuming that the relevant Beneficiary or Consignee used Wantedly Admin under the same pricing plan as yours (provided, however, that if your pricing plan is free of charge, the penalty shall be equivalent to the use fee under the cheapest pricing plan for Wantedly Admin). Please note that the payment of this penalty does not preclude the Company from seeking damages.
The Company and you shall maintain the confidentiality of all of the other party’s sensitive information that is disclosed to either of you by such other party in connection with the use of Wantedly Admin (limited to the other party’s operational or technical information that is managed as confidential by such other party and clearly indicated as confidential by such other party at the time of disclosure, and excluding: information that was in the public domain at the time of disclosure; information that entered the public domain following disclosure, without a violation of any duty of confidentiality; information obtained lawfully from a third party without the imposition of any duty of confidentiality, regardless of whether obtained before or after disclosure; and information developed independently, without relying on confidential information), and, unless the other party’s consent has been obtained, shall not use such information for any purpose other than the performance of the agreement between the Company and you with regard to Wantedly Admin, or disclose or divulge such information to third parties; provided, however, that when disclosure is requested by a judicial institution or an administrative agency pursuant to laws and regulations or financial instruments exchange rules, the relevant party shall be entitled to make the minimum necessary disclosure. Moreover, this confidentiality duty shall remain in effect for a period of three years following the expiration of the agreement between the Company and you with regard to Wantedly Admin.
2.2.11. Recruitment Officers:
In cases where you link an Employee etc. to a recruitment page or job posting, you shall do so with the approval of the relevant Employee etc. having explained that his or her profile information (limited to items registered by the Employee etc.) will be made public depending on the privacy settings such Employee etc. has created.
2.3. Wantedly People
2.3.1. Purpose of Use of Information on Business Cards:
Last updated: July 25, 2018